The Movo Photo SMM5-B microphone and recorder shock mount features a four-point suspension system to minimize the impact that handling noise can have on a recording. The Movo SMM5-B Shockmount has a universal design, and will mount any microphone or recorder with a 1/4" thread.
Construction: Flexible ABS Upper; Aluminum Camera Shoe
Mic/Recorder Mounting Thread: 1/4"-20 male mounting thread
Shoe Mounting Options: Standard Camera Shoe or 1/4"-20 female thread
Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.4" x 2.6" x 2.6" (8.6 x 6.6 x 6.6cm)
Weight: 1.95 oz (55g)
- Upgraded Design for a stronger build and increased compatibility
- Universal design - will mount any microphone or recorder with a 1/4" thread
- Attaches to most cameras via standard hot shoe or tripods via 1/4" thread
- Discreet, low-profile design
- Minimize the impact that handling noise can have on a recording
There are two issues I have experienced when using this product:
1) The 1/4" base that is used to keep the shock mount tightly in the hot shoe of my A6500 comes undone with some ease. In other words, it would have been nice if they had copied the design of the Rode VideoMicro in how it is in a fixed position that you can just tighten in place while maintaining perfect alignment.
2) The image depicts black shock mounts and the actual item comes with red. Not a big deal, but if the overall dimensions were smaller and narrower it would save some space for other accessories being mounted on a camera.
Overall it does a good job of slightly reducing handling noise, but it would have been great if the materials were more like Rycote. Even at a higher price, it still would be worth it.